Sunday, February 20, 2022

Birthdays with Zeros

 These are all a big deal it seems. The first one is a very big deal of course and the subsequent ones simply mark the realization that we have survived another decade.  I remember celebrating 40 in a big way but 50 not so much. And this week 60 is about waxing nostalgic. 

Who knows how much is left? No one.  I have a long list of things that I have not done - marriage, kids, international travel, focusing anything enough to be really good at it! But I have plenty of things I enjoy doing and have had some notable accomplishments -- some have stood the test of time, some have not. 

I am no cognizant of putting off things which I will find enjoyable and enriching because I have just one more task, project, job to handle. Seems like I have missed a few years of fun events which occur in April or October just because I am too busy to take the time to enjoy. I will work on that. 

It is always nice to just catch up with people too, that requires intentionality and I will make the effort. 

Not yet time to call it a wrap and just reflect though - there is more to enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment